It doesn’t matter if you run or walk, you will enjoy city views, to soak up the encouraging atmosphere as you shake off winter. Lots of people do this achievable event together with friends or family.
Be a part of history, the DE CASTELLA RUN is Melbourne longest running event.
|Date||26 August 2018|
|Zumba warm up||7:15am – 7:45am|
|Registration Online Cut Off Date|| Friday 24/08/2018 at 5pm on line entry closes
* On The Day (OTD) Cash/EFTPOS entry available Sat 25th Aug 10-4pm & Sun 26th Aug from 6.30am at event site: Gymnasium, Gate 3, Nolan Ave, KEW
Entry Fee and Inclusions
01/07/2018 – 25/08/2018
On the day entry (OTD)
|Standard Entry (Age 4.5 – 9)||$30||$35||$40|
|Standard Entry (Age 11 – 17)||$35||$40||$45|
|Standard Entry (Adult)||$45||$55||$60|
|Family entry (Up to 2 Adults + 4 Kids)||$100||$110||$120|
- Race Bib and Timing Chip – the cut off date for personalised race bib is Friday 27/07/18
Other Event Inclusions:
- Finisher Certificate with your timing result for download from Results Page
- ZUMBA warm up 7.15-7.45am
- Sports Drinks on course and at finish line
- Random prizes given throughout presentation ceremony
- Tasty treats and giveaways at the finish line
- Free Massage and Yoga – post event Runners World Mind & Body Expo
- Music on course
- Kids Activities – Face Painting; Petting Zoo
- Optional additional cost – personal on course photo- find at Supersport Images
The 5km distances start on Nolan Avenue outside Burke Hall. Runners proceed along Nolan Ave and turn left into Walmer Street and continue downhill to the Kew Boulevard. The course follows the boulevard along until the Studley Park Road overpass.
5km runners do a U-turn shortly after the overpass and proceed back along the same route, but on the opposite side of the road. Please stay on the correct side of the road for safety reasons and to ensure course distance accuracy.
The course is scenic and somewhat hilly along the Kew, Yarra Boulevard.
Roads used by the course will be closed to traffic from 7:30am until 11:00am. Please keep to the LEFT HAND SIDE of the centre of the road at all times. Participants disregarding marshals’ instructions will be disqualified. Participants who cross the center line on the road are running off the course and will be disqualified. Participants still on the course after 11:30am when roads re-open are encouraged to complete the course but must do so on the footpath rather than the roads as cars will be re-entering the course.